To be completely honest, before I signed up with Grokker I was hesitant. Mainly because nowadays we have access to the oh-so-wonderful YouTube which is free and I’m all about saving money. However, after being active on the site for a while and trying everything Grokker has to offer, I’ve become increasingly excited to share my experience with you!
(Psst! Don’t forget to grab your 20% discount that I have for you later in the post!)
Being raised by parents who are very health conscious, I was of course, raised to live the same lifestyle. They always had me active in something whether it be: Soccer, Beach Volleyball, Cross Country, Swim Team, Dance, you get the point. Once I was out of High School though I became less active and my eating habits started to slip (as many often do). Not surprisingly I began to put on weight. For years I had struggled with trying to get the weight off. My story with weight struggle is no different than most you’ve heard. I tried just about every kind of fitness and diet program you can think of and my weight yo-yoed for years.
It wasn’t until a little less than a year ago something clicked. This whole time I was dieting to lose weight instead of becoming mindful and eating for my health. I totally get it now.
Although, I’m a firm believer that weight loss is 80% healthy eating (notice how I didn’t say diet?) and 20% fitness, that 20% is crucial for success and sustained results. Weight loss begins in your kitchen. Period. However, the many benefits of fitness cannot and should not be ignored.
*THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.*
My 2017 Grokker Review
So, without further ado here is my Grokker review (didn’t mean for that to rhyme, lol). I wanted to do this review for a couple different reasons.
Firstly, I wanted to introduce Grokker to you because I’ve been personally using it for a while now and truly love this site. I wanted others to have a chance to experience the same benefits I’ve been experiencing too. Get Unlimited Access To All Their Videos for 14 Days – For Free!
Secondly, I wanted to give you an alternative to the typical “you have to go to the gym to lose weight” BS because that is just not true. Trust me on this. I’ve lost over 60 pounds without ever joining a gym!
Don’t get me wrong, I love going to the gym and having access to all the equipment but sometimes it’s just not realistic. Gym memberships and yoga studio fees can cost a bundle. Not to mention the time and money it takes to commute – it can add up quick!
Since I’m always looking to save a dime and maximize my time I decided to forgo gyms altogether. I initially started following along to fitness videos on YouTube since they were free, but it wasn’t long before I discovered Grokker.
My “Why” for signing up with Grokker
With Grokker’s free 14-day trial I decided to give ‘em a shot. I mean what’s there to lose other than some unwanted weight, right? I really wanted to try them and see what their site was really like because they aren’t just like any other fitness streaming program you may have come across. They offer videos on fitness, yoga, meditation and cooking! Grokker is a rare find and one that I’m very fond of.
Let’s get into the specifics, shall we?
Here are both the pros and the cons to Grokker. My hope is that by the end of this post you have a better understanding of everything Grokker has to offer to help you decide whether or not Grokker is a good fit for you and if it is worth purchasing (I’m confident you will love them just as much as I do though)!
- No Ads. There are ZERO ads in their videos! If you’ve ever followed a fitness video on YouTube then chances are you’ve had to deal with ads interrupting in the middle of video. This is extremely annoying and frustrating!
- Workout from home. You get to save time driving to the gym and looking for a parking spot which is awesome. If you live where it snows then you don’t have to worry about driving in unsafe conditions. Stay at home mom? No need to hire a baby sitter or bother a family member to watch the kids. No need to feel self-conscious since there won’t be any strangers around to judge.
- Grokker offers videos for all fitness levels. Whether you’re a a total newb to the whole workout thing or a seasoned athlete they got you covered.
- Workout for less. Signing up with Grokker allows you to save a lot of money. Gym and Yoga Studio memberships can cost you a small fortune but with Grokker you can save yourself a significant amount of money.
- Workout wherever you go. As long as you have access to the internet you can login to Grokker whenever you’d like. They also have an app you can download to your iPad and iPhone!
- You don’t need to purchase any equipment. While Grokker does offer a ton of workout videos that utilize some type of equipment they also offer just as many that don’t.
- You’ll never get bored. They offer a wide variety of videos to choose from. Grokker offers cardio, strength training, sports conditioning, dance, pilates, yoga and a ton more! Don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself below.
- Grokker offers more than just fitness videos. They also have dedicated sections for Yoga, Cooking and Meditation!
- Android App. It doesn’t appear that Grokker has an app for Android users. However, you should still be able to access your account via the browser on your phone.
- There are no instructors to check your form. It is extremely important for beginners to ensure they are using proper form of each exercise. If they don’t, they could injure themselves.
What is the Cost of Grokker?
Grokker membership only costs $9.99/month which is billed annually ($119.88) but if you Sign Up By Clicking Here You Will Receive 20% off a 1 Year Subscription! If you prefer to pay month to month you can for $14.99/month and you can cancel anytime with no questions asked. Not only is it cheaper than most gym memberships but I’d bet you probably spend more than that on coffee every year, am I right?
Don’t want to make that commitment just yet? No problem, Get a 14 Day Free Trial For Grokker Fitness and Yoga Videos Get Started Today
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments below.